ROLAND P. WAUTHIER & CO., INC.
Insurance & Investments
Let Us Help You...It's What We Do!
The Affordable Care Act
Many questions continue to be asked about how the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is affecting individuals, families and employers across the US. Here in Connecticut, we know one of the implementations of the law as Access Health CT; while others have had to lose the coverage they once had, only to replace it with ACA-compliant plans, both at the Individual and Group insurance level.
Affordability and the level of coverage are the two biggest issues we at Roland P. Wauthier & Co., Inc have faced when listening to your concerns. We are here to help you traverse and transition over to a plan that will best suit your needs and your pocket. Some key questions could readily be answered through HealthCare.gov's website which can be accessed at https://www.healthcare.gov. On that website, you can find answers to many common questions such as:
FAQ: FOR INDIVIDUALS
- Why should I have health coverage?
- What income levels qualify for lower costs?
- What income and household information do I provide when I apply for Marketplace coverage?
- What if my income is too high to get lower costs on monthly premiums?
- What if you decide to go without health coverage in 2014?
- How do I qualify for an exemption from the fee for not having health coverage?
- How can I get coverage outside of open enrollment (which ended on March 31st 2014)?
FAQ: FOR EMPLOYERS & EMPLOYEES
- What if I’m a part-time employee without health coverage?
- What if I'm self-employed? (If you have employees, Call us to talk about the SHOP Marketplace).
- What is the SHOP Marketplace?
- Do I have to offer health coverage to my employees?
- Will I qualify for small business health care tax credits?